Friday, November 19, 2010

guenevere = kaylee


We've not yet found a chance to have Kaylee Harwood on our stage, but she's definitely part of the PT community. She graduated from the TWU Theatre program around 2009, has already played roles at Chemainus Theatre and the Arts Club (Cosette in Les Miserables) and Western Canada Theatre (Eliza in My Fair Lady) and lots of others. I've had her in mind for a couple shows I'm looking at for next season at Pacific Theatre, but now that looks a lot less likely - for reasons of geographical impossibility, if nothing else.

It has just been announced that Kaylee has been cast as Guenevere in Camelot. At a small rural theatre somewhere in Ontario. Stratford, I think it's called? Of even more Soul Food interest, she'll also be seen in Jesus Christ Superstar. Looks like a trip to the backwoods of eastern Canada might be in order next summer...

Heartfelt congratulations, Kaylee!

PS  Just found out that Kaylee's in the cast of SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL at Carousel, Dec 4 - Jan 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited that we'll have one more chance to see Kaylee in Vancouver in her Seussical role before she moves to Stratford till at least Nov 2011!! I've got my tickets for Seussical already & am saving my pennies for a trip to Stratford next Summer!
Proud to be Kaylee's #1 fan
also known as "Kaylee's Mom".