Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Introductions

Hi folks! I thought it was about time I introduced myself. I'm Andrea Loewen, former apprentice and current publicist at Pacific Theatre. Last year during my apprenticeship I had the opportunity to produce and/or perform in several productions including Nicky Silver's THE FOOD CHAIN, VINTAGE VALENTINE: A MUSICAL THEATRE REVUE, THE RECESSION PARTY, Ron Reed's YOU STILL CAN'T, and my own one-woman show SILK THREADS. It was a busy year and now I'm looking forward to keeping myself at least as busy doing publicity at Pacific Theatre and continuing my acting and writing work. I will occasionally be posting on here to let you know what's going on at PT.

Now that I've introduced myself, let me introduce the 2009/10 season at Pacific Theatre!


I am very excited about this season! We will kick it off with a staged reading of THE LAST DAYS OF JUDAS ISCARIOT by Stephen Adly Guirgis, a co-production with Pound of Flesh. Up next we're bringing back THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE, adapted from the wondrous novel by C.S. Lewis. Following that is a first for Pacific Theatre. We're bringing THE PASSION PROJECT by Reid Farrington in from New York. This experimental piece will be a part of the PuSH Festival and definitely shouldn't be missed. Next will be our own Ron Reed's REFUGE OF LIES, fresh from its Off-Broadway debut! Finally, our season will close with one of my favorite musicals of all time, GODSPELL by Schwartz and Tebelak. (Although I can't decide which song I like best- "Turn Back, Oh Man" or "By My Side.")

Of course, I can't forget our second stage events. We're bringing the spirit of Christmas Presence to town a little early with PRESENCE Sept. 24 & 25th. Don't worry though, we're not leaving CHRISTMAS PRESENCE behind, it will run at PT, in North Van, and Abbotsford as always. Our 09/10 apprentices will take the stage in... you guessed it! I WAS MADE FOR THE STAGE. Finally, we're bringing back the comedy improv stylings of The Panic Squad (featuring our dear production manager Frank Nickel) with SIDE SHOW!


No comments: