Sunday, December 21, 2008

JESUS MY BOY Audience reaction

Hey, I've been slow to get these up! Christmas gets busy around PT, with JESUS MY BOY followed by FIRST CHRISTMAS followed by CHRISTMAS PRESENCE in the Valley and on the North Shore (8pm tonight, Sutherland Church, 630 East 19th St, North Vancouver), on top of our Christmas Matching Campaign (still a few thou needed before I can settle in for a long winter's nap). But as I find more kudos in the old email backlog (it's so much nicer to think of it as a yulelog), I'll pop 'em up here. Tons of audience, really strong word of mouth - "a sweet, gentle Christmas show you can bring your Mum to!" But with terrifically alt.folk tunes by Sheree Plett & Jeremy Eisenhauer. Closes this coming Saturday!

"A triumph. Personally, it is the most affecting 'Christmas play' I've seen in recent memory. If this was risky, it was well worthwhile." Paul Thiessen

"I have been sadly lacking in Christmas spirit lately, and the show turned out to be a wonderful gift to me. David Adams was so engaging and believable. I really believed he was Joseph, and will not think of the manger scene in the same way again! The story was marvelous and his delivery and timing were impecable. The layering of the music with the play's action was lovely, and so well done. Kudos to Sheree and Jeremy for committing to something new and bringing a freshness to the play." JL

No comments: