Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Letter: Gratitude for Rosedale Writers Week

Last year at this time Pacific Theatre hosted a Writers Week, made possible by the Rosedale On Robson Suite Hotel, which drew together playwrights from all over North America. Here's a recent email from Jeanne Murray Walker, whose play was workshopped.
Hi Ron,

...this is an anniversary, and I just want to say thanks again for bringing us together last January. For me, for many of us, I think, it was a profoundly wonderful time. Your generosity and the hard work of your staff at Pacific Theatre was heroic. I have gone on to revise the script I heard read there and will be listening to the next draft read by the Gordon College Theatre department next week. I think the script is almost finished. For me the time in Vancouver was transformational, and I suspect it was for other playwrights, too. I hope we can figure out a way to get together again. But whatever happens about that, last year's gathering drew us together and provided real, practical help for many of us, and I remain enormously grateful to you.

Wishing you all good things,

Jeanne

No comments: