Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Nov 24: Michael Hart Africa concert

This just in from Brett Ziegler, our Christmas Presence keyboard man - telling about an upcoming concert with Michael Hart (backed by Spencer Capier), more Christmas Presence regulars. I'll post more about unfolding Christmas Presence plans before too long, but for now I can tell you that we'll be doing the show Dec 9 and 10 at Pacific Theatre, and Dec 15 in Abbotsford (where we'll be joined by Carolyn Arends and Brian Doerksen!). And a different sort of Christmas Presence on Dec 11, a benefit for Holy Trinity church featuring the Gallery Singers: not only will they sing from their glorious Christmas repertoire, but we'll all join with them to sing beloved Christmas carols, along with Holy Trinity's gorgeous pipe organ! But back to the topic at hand: here's Brett to tell us about Michael's upcoming gig...)


Hi Ron!

I'm wondering if you can "Soul Food" this upcoming event for me. It's a Michael Hart concert at my church, supporting AIDS programs and short term missions work in Uganda and Burkina Faso.

I've got Michael and Spence playing together, and Christine Magee opening. Michael produced Christine's CD, and she just won a Covenant award for best jazz/blues song of the year. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me get the word out.

Thanks lots!
brett.

No comments: