Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mar 11: Leora Cashe Jazzes Joni!

Wow! Leora Cashe always raises high the roofbeams when she sings at Christmas Presence or any of the other Pacific Theatre gigs she graces. Now she's got an evening of jazz covers of Joni Mitchell material, and you know it's going to be stunning. If I have my way, you'll see me there!


'Both Sides Now'
The Songs of Joni Mitchell
A Jazz Tribute To A Canadian Standard
Sunday March 11 @ 7:30
The Cellar / 3611 West Broadway / Reservations 738-1959


arrangements by Ross Taggart
Leora Cashe - vocals
Ross Taggart - piano
Buff Allen - drums
Darren Radke - acoustic bass

Leora writes: "During the recording of my first jazz vocal demo, Ross Taggart inspired me with the idea of recording a CD featuring the songs of Joni Mitchell. How does one pick 12 or so tunes from such a rich song treasury? I love them ALL! So I decided to focus on the early recordings from 1968-1974. This past fall we started working on these new arrangements and I've gotta say, Ross Taggart has captured an exquisite harmonic landscape to frame these 'Joni Gems'. Well done, Ross, and a great big heartfelt Thank You! We're thrilled to be working on this project together, honouring the music from one of our Canadian treasures. 'Carey, Michael from Mountains, Woodstock, Big Yellow Taxi, All I Want' are some of the tunes just to name a few."

$10.00 cover with $10.00 food or drink minimum

Check out Leora's website

No comments: